Whether as a Christmas gift or a birthday present, now you can gift all the love of our whisky tours to your loved ones with one of our fabulous gift cards.
Virtual Whisky Tasting
Discover 5 wonderful whiskies we have carefully selected for you to enjoy at home. An in-depth exploration across the world of Japanese, Irish and Scotch whisky.
- Taste 5 wonderful whiskies from Scotland, Japan and Ireland
- Hear a complete storytelling experience highlighting curious and quirky facts about whisky
- Enjoy a virtual journey across distilleries, regions and flavours
- Virtual tasting via WebEx at the comfort of your home
- EU residents contact us to book
- Private events and tastings are available upon request
- Buy a Gift Card for someone else
- From :
- £ 40
An online whisky tasting from home!
Discover 5 whiskies we have carefully selected from craft producers across Scotland, Ireland and Japan. Come and join us on a storytelling experience where exploration, education and fun are the main ingredients on the table.
In Once Upon a Whisky, we are passionate about the legendary drink. Our main goal is to educate our customers about all things whisky through wonderful experiences that we hope, can last in your memories for years.
During each tasting, we display a set of beautifully designed infographics and maps that will help you understand and contextualise each whisky’s flavour profile, tastings notes, distillery’s location and the most important factors during the production process that influence the flavour of whisky in one way or the other.
Come and join us on a virtual whisky tasting from the comfort of your own home. Let’s go on a whisky journey across distilleries, regions and flavours without having to move off that cosy sofa.
Highlights of the virtual whisky tasting
During June, we are going to host two virtual whisky tastings with a set of 5 miniature bottles delivered by us directly to your door.
Our mission as a whisky tour company is to deliver 5-stars whisky experiences. Our commitment to the whisky industry is to support craft distilleries and local bars by offering our customers unique whisky with stories to tell. Our job is to continue passing on our greatest passion in creative and innovative ways.
So, if for any reason you can’t visit us in Glasgow or Edinburgh and join us physically in any of our whisky tours. Let us bring the whisky joy to you through a whisky tasting set that highlights the very best the whisky industry has to offer.
The whisky tasting set and virtual tasting experience include the following:
- A beautiful set of 5 x 25ml miniatures of great whisky
- A combination of wonderful drams from Scotland, Japan and Ireland (See below for details)
- Loads of quirky facts and curious stories about the legendary drink
- Information about distilleries, regions and brands
- 60 minutes of whisky culture and education guaranteed
- In case you miss the live stream, the tasting experience will be available anytime/anywhere by scanning the QR code printed in the box.
About the whiskies
Let us introduce you to our most recent development: A very innovative tasting set made with passion and love. We have selected a combination of whiskies that not only tell a story on their own but also, will give you an overview of the whisky industry across three different countries:
Let’s find out the stories behind these drams!
A whisky journey around the world
- Nikka Days (Japanese) – A blend of malt and grain whisky features spirits distilled in Coffey stills at Miyagikyo and Yoichi. A lovely easy-drinking dram that goes well neat or in a mizuwari, the traditional Japanese highball consisting of whisky and sparkling water on ice.
- Teeling – Small Batch (Ireland) – The Small Batch Irish whiskey is made with a blend of malt and grain whiskeys, initially aged in ex-Bourbon barrels. It’s then finished in Central American Rum casks to give it a tropical, sweet note.
- Syndicate 58/6 – Blended Scotch Whisky – In 1958, a rare blend of Scotch malt and grain whiskies was found in 10 casks in a warehouse in Port of Leith. Containing 18 different single malts and 4 grains – maturation went through by using the Solera system, the last year spent time in Oloroso Sherry cask as a finish. A true delicacy!
- Ledaig, Rioja Cask Finish – Single Malt Scotch Whisky: Ledaig Rioja Cask brings in all the oily, maritime qualities of a flagship Ledaig and blends them with the sweet and spicy notes brought by the Rioja wine finish. Matured in bourbon casks and finished in Spanish Rioja wine casks, the whisky well balances the flavours of seaweed, grapes and berries, and a peppery smokiness.
- Big Peat, Islay – Blended Malt Scotch Whisky: A blended malt (a whisky made by mixing different single malts, but no grain whisky). Big Peat contains single malts from distilleries which are quite different in flavour profile and character: Ardbeg, Bowmore, Caol Ila and Port Ellen. As its name suggests this dram is very big on peat.
- Free delivery to UK residents – Whiskies will be shipped one week before your selected date.
- Deliveries to the EU – Please contact us here
Finally, we want to encourage you to join us and experience whisky like never before. Storytelling, curious facts, education and fun are the main pillars that motivate us to keep delivering fantastic whisky experiences to our customers. Join us in this experiment and let’s create another way to enjoy the water of life together.